You’re glowing – and showing! You’re halfway through your pregnancy, and your baby is thriving.
CHANGES YOU MAY EXPERIENCE
- Most women gain between 5 to 15 pounds by this time.
- Your uterus is now the size of a cantaloupe.
- Appetite often increases.
- Fatigue may return, as you’re carrying extra weight and your heart is pumping more blood.
- Some women experience bloating, constipation or other uncomfortable symptoms. Talk to your doctor if you have any concerns.
- Some women experience forgetfulness, sometimes called “pregnancy brain.”
- Your belly button may pop out.
HOW YOUR BABY IS DEVELOPING
Your baby is now about 10 ounces and six to nine inches long. Baby is covered with a fine protective hair. This month he or she will develop fingerprints and permanent teeth buds behind fully formed baby teeth. Little girls’ ovaries also develop at this time, and sex may be determined through ultrasound.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOUR PRENATAL VISIT THIS MONTH
- Monitoring of baby’s growth and heartbeat continues.
- Your weight, urine and blood pressure will also be checked.
- At this point, an ultrasound may reveal the baby’s sex. This “second scan” may also show any anomaly.
Hunterdon Healthcare offers an array of educational events, including childbirth, healthy living and fitness classes.LEARN MORE
Health and Wellness Centers
Where health and fitness meet to help you stay healthy at every age.LEARN MORE
Primary and Specialty Care Services
The Hunterdon Healthcare network consists of over 30 primary and specialty practices.LEARN MORE