VISITOR POLICY FOR MATERNITY DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Having a baby is a life-changing experience. When you’re ready to welcome your newest family member to the world, we’re here to deliver. Hunterdon Healthcare’s outstanding Maternity & Newborn Care Center offers state-of-the-art technology, specialized and experienced staff, and a level of comfort and personalized care that’s second to none in our area.
Our experienced physicians and nurses deliver nearly 1,000 babies annually but know that every mom and newborn is unique, and no two deliveries are alike. From prenatal care and education to labor and delivery, and even after you bring your baby home, our board-certified physicians and experienced Magnet-recognized nurses are here to help you every step of the way.
Services and facilities offered at Hunterdon Healthcare’s Maternity & Newborn Care Center include:
- 20 private patient rooms. Patients deliver in one suite and receive postpartum care in another suite designed with all the comforts of home.
- Experienced staff including skilled physicians and a team of Magnet* designated nurses, many of whom have received specialized training and hold advanced degrees and certifications.
- A Level II Special Care Nursery available for early deliveries, emergency situations, or for newborns with a medical problem and Neonatologists on staff 24/7.
- State-of-the-art obstetrical operating suites for Cesarean deliveries.
- A wide range of Childbirth Education classes and tours with attentive and expert staff who welcome your questions and concerns.
- A customized Injoy Health Education App available for 18 months during and after birth with valuable information on mom and baby care.
- A staff of Board Certified Lactation Consultants on hand to teach and assist as you learn how to breastfeed your baby. They are also available prior to your baby’s arrival and after you go home. Insurance often covers outpatient lactation visits.
- After-baby support including a courtesy follow-up phone call to all new moms after discharge, as well as numerous support groups and ongoing telephone support.
Additional Amenities Available at Hunterdon Healthcare’s Maternity & Newborn Care Center:
- Board Certified Anesthesiologists available 24 hours a day
- Private bathroom and refrigerators in every room
- A bed for your partner to spend the night
- Room Service so you can order anytime from menu provided
- A complimentary meal for your partner
- Flat Screen TV with closed-circuit videos on mother and baby care
- Adjustable birthing bed
- Birthing and peanut balls
- Whirlpool water therapy
- Wireless fetal monitoring unit
- Squat bar
- Doulas are welcome
- Tea Trolley Cart every afternoon
- A larger kitchen and pantry area on the unit for patient use
- A special congratulatory gift from Hunterdon Medical Center
- Hugs® Infant Protection System
- Free Wifi Access
- Free tours of Maternity Unit
- Open visitation
- A comfortable waiting area outside unit with television and reading materials
- Newborn Photographer Resources
- Visits from pet therapy dogs (upon request)
Hunterdon Healthcare’s Maternity & Newborn Care Center at Hunterdon Medical Center advocates rooming-in, skin-to-skin, and breastfeeding and is rated in the top 1% in patient experience for maternity care in New Jersey.** For more information, please call 908-788-MOMS (6667).
*For the past three review cycles (2008, 2013, and 2018), Hunterdon Medical Center has achieved Magnet™ designation for excellence in nursing by the American Nurses Credential Center’s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program®. ANCC is the largest and most prestigious nursing credentialing organization in the United States. Magnet™ designation is the highest honor given to hospital nursing. Only six percent of the nation’s hospitals have earned this prestigious award.
**Press Ganey New Jersey peer group, June 2018-May 2019.
Manisha Abeysinghe, MDObstetrician-Gynecologist
Patricia M. Ardise, MDObstetrician-Gynecologist
Cindy M. Barter, MDPrimary Care Physician
Yelena Belkina, MDObstetrician-Gynecologist
Mamie S. Bowers, MDObstetrician-Gynecologist
Melissa R. Camiolo, MDObstetrician-Gynecologist
Victoria R. Cox, MDPrimary Care Physician
Kelly A. Frys, DOObstetrician-Gynecologist
Kara D. Goglia, MDObstetrician-Gynecologist
Sara Jean Grimes, MDObstetrician
Michele S. Grove, MDObstetrician-Gynecologist
Catherine Hagan, CNM, APNCertified Nurse Midwife
Erica L. Hannema, DOPrimary Care Physician
Deirdre R. Horvath, CNM, APNCertified Nurse Midwife
Junie Joseph, MDPrimary Care Physician
William J. Kayal, MDPrimary Care Physician
Barbara A. LaBrie, CNMCertified Nurse Midwife
Michaela Lei, DOPrimary Care Physician
Deirdre C. Masterton, MDObstetrician-Gynecologist
Catherine A. McCabe, CNM, APN-CCertified Nurse Midwife
Lisa A. Plunkett, MDPrimary Care Physician
Jimena Rivas, MDObstetrician-Gynecologist
Seth M. Rubin, MDObstetrician-Gynecologist
Hunterdon Healthcare offers an array of educational events, including childbirth, healthy living and fitness classes.LEARN MORE
Health and Wellness Centers
Where health and fitness meet to help you stay healthy at every age.LEARN MORE
Health Resource Library
Hunterdon Healthcare is pleased to provide our website visitors with this comprehensive Health Resource Library.LEARN MORE