Who benefits from home care services?
People of all ages who have experienced illness, injury or disability. If you require help with your health care or activities of daily living (bathing, meal preparation, dressing, etc.), Home Health Services can make a positive difference in your day.
What services are available?
- Skilled Nursing for professional nursing care
- Certified home health aides for assistance with personal hygiene, diet supervision, and reinforcement of therapy programs
- Rehabilitation for physical, occupational, or speech therapy
- Medical Social Work to provide supportive counseling on family issues
Who can make a referral?
Anyone who is concerned about the health and well-being of a friend or family member may request an assessment. This includes physicians, family members, hospital staff, friends, clergy, and patients themselves.
Is home care for me?
It may be if…
- You require continuity of nursing care from hospital to home…
- You need help returning to a full function requiring illness or surgery…
- You want to avoid unnecessary admission to the hospital or a nursing home for yourself or a family member.
Call to discuss your needs with one of our professional staff; we can help you sort out the many choices available to you.
How do I pay?
Home Health Services’ care is paid for many ways:
- Medicare for those over 65, or on disability, who require highly skilled care
- Medicaid for eligible medical assistance through public assistance
- Private insurance for those whose insurance provides coverage for home health or private duty nursing care
- Private pay for those who do not qualify for insurance-based reimbursement or who have exhausted their reimbursement under other coverage. Fees are based on a sliding scale.
Hunterdon Healthcare offers an array of educational events, including childbirth, healthy living and fitness classes.LEARN MORE
Health and Wellness Centers
Where health and fitness meet to help you stay healthy at every age.LEARN MORE
Primary and Specialty Care Services
The Hunterdon Healthcare network consists of over 30 primary and specialty practices.LEARN MORE