- This event has passed.
Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
March 28 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Saturday, March 28, 9:00 pm – 12:30 pm
Held at Raritan Valley Community College (RVCC)
118 Lamington Rd, Branchburg, NJ 08876.
What is it? The Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers (HCP) Course is a video-based, Instructor-led course that teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support. This course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED. BLS for Healthcare Providers teaches skills using the American Heart Association’s proven Practice-While-Watching technique, which allows Instructors to observe students, provide feedback and guide students’ acquisition of skills. With their student manual for the course, students receive the new Pocket Reference Card, designed to provide quick emergency information to the rescuer at any time.
Primary Audience: This course is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings.
• Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the updated science from American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
• Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
• The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
• 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child, and infant
• 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child, and infant
• Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
• Bag-mask techniques for adult, child, and infant
• Rescue breathing for adult, child, and infant
• Relief of choking for adult, child, and infant
• CPR with an advanced airway (This is an introduction to the compression/ventilation rate and ratio for a patient who has an advanced airway in place.)
To register, click here.
Click here to download a printable PDF of events.