- This event has passed.
Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
November 27, 2019 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
An event every month that begins at 6:00 pm on day Fourth of the month, repeating until November 27, 2019
One event on March 13, 2019 at 6:00 pm
One event on April 29, 2019 at 6:00 pm
One event on June 24, 2019 at 6:00 pm
One event on May 15, 2019 at 6:00 pm
One event on August 14, 2019 at 6:00 pm
One event on September 11, 2019 at 6:00 pm
One event on October 9, 2019 at 6:00 pm
One event on October 28, 2019 at 6:00 pm
One event on November 13, 2019 at 6:00 pm
One event on December 11, 2019 at 6:00 pm
The Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers (HCP) Course is a video-based, Instructor-led course that teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support. This course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED. BLS for Healthcare Providers teaches skills using the American Heart Association’s proven Practice-While-Watching technique, which allows Instructors to observe students, provide feedback and guide students’ acquisition of skills. With their student manual for the course, students receive the new Pocket Reference Card, designed to provide quick emergency information to the rescuer at any time.
Primary Audience: This course is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings.
- Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the updated science from American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
- Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
- CPR with an advanced airway (This is an introduction to the compression/ventilation rate and ratio for a patient who has an advanced airway in place.)
Click here to download a printable PDF of events.
Hunterdon Healthcare offers an array of educational events, including childbirth, healthy living and fitness classes.LEARN MORE
Health and Wellness Centers
Where health and fitness meet to help you stay healthy at every age.LEARN MORE
Health Resource Library
Hunterdon Healthcare is pleased to provide our website visitors with this comprehensive Health Resource Library.LEARN MORE