How to Help
How You Can Help Hunterdon Healthcare
The Hunterdon Healthcare community has been rallying to help as the COVID-19 crisis escalates. Here are the most pressing needs now and ways you can assist:
Make a Monetary Donation
Hunterdon Healthcare has established a COVID-19 Support Fund. All donations will be used in Hunterdon Healthcare’s Coronavirus disease response efforts and help those affected in our community. Any amount is helpful and greatly appreciated. Click here to donate.
- CPAP machines in working order
- N95 masks – if you have a surplus personal or business supply of N95 masks, we can use them
- Other supplies – eye goggles, surgical gloves, masks, and sterile gowns.
- Food donations for staff – are welcome but please coordinate with the Foundation so that supply matches the needs at that time (908-788-6141). Many restaurants are offering the option to purchase a gift card and designate the food to be delivered to HMC.
- Rated 1/4 inch elastic
- 100% cotton material (a yard or more)
- Donate Blood. To schedule an appointment, call 908-788-6405 or email: Cconroy@hhsnj.org.
Process for Donation of Physical Items
Please call the Hunterdon Healthcare Foundation at 908-788-6141 for all donations of physical items to coordinate drop-off. A staff member will meet you at an agreed-upon location on the Hunterdon Medical Center campus to accept your donation and provide you with a Receipt of Donation Form.
There have been many companies, individuals and restaurants that have stepped forward during this unprecedented time to support Hunterdon Healthcare. Please see the information below and follow the links if you would like to join their efforts.
- Jersey Mike’s of Flemington: Jill Reising, owner of Jersey Mike’s, has been matching donations and supplying thousands of sandwiches to Hunterdon Medical Center and Hunterdon Healthcare practices. Purchase something online (a catering box, 1,2,3 giant subs, cookie platter or chips) and she will match it at Jersey Mike’s in Flemington. Write “hospital donation” in the notes field. Order online or call (908) 968-4198.
- PillowPak of Clinton: Pillowpak donated 30 Go Bags for our staff and have since delivered 40 additional bags purchased by generous community members. If you would like to order a Go Bag for a clinical staff member at Hunterdon Medical Center, please visit https://getpillowpak.com/ and use promo code ‘HMC’ at checkout to receive 20% off your order. Select option ‘deliver to Hunterdon Medical Center’ and your donation will be delivered free of charge.
- #Quaranteen: A local Hunterdon Central Senior and athlete, Bella Almeida, has created a T-shirt with the help of local business Sneakers Plus in Flemington to support the fight against Covid-19 in our community. All proceeds will be donated to Hunterdon Medical Center to help replenish quickly diminishing supplies. Please read her full story and support the cause by clicking here.
- The Clean Plate Kitchen of Clinton: To date (April 10) Nicole Piazza, owner of The Clean Plate Kitchen, has raised $12,000 dollars and is a third of the way to donating more than 1,000 meals to Hunterdon Medical Center and Hunterdon Healthcare practices. If you would like to contribute to her efforts in providing meals to frontline healthcare workers you can make a donation by purchasing a gift card at https://www.cleanplateclinton.com/ and make it out to: “HMC”. Clean Plate is providing a nourishing meal for every $10 received.
- Crown Trophy of Flemington: To date (April 10) Crown Trophy has sold over 95 appreciation signs and raised over $2,100.00, through sign sales and additional donations, to pay for meals for the staff at Hunterdon Medical Center. If you would like to participate and sponsor a sign or make a donation for food please email Jim Gano at email@example.com.
- GoFundMe organized by Craig Metz: Lifelong resident and entrepreneur Craig Metz of Hunterdon County has organized a GoFundMe page to raise money for Hunterdon Healthcare to purchase additional N95 masks. To date (April 13) he has raised more than $3900.00 dollars. Please click here if you are interested in making a donation.
- Sorella’s Pizza & Pasta of Whitehouse Station: Sorella’s has been raising funds and donating meals to various departments and practices throughout the Hunterdon Healthcare System. Please contact them at (908) 534-5976 or www.sorellaspizzerianj.com.
- Porch Portraits Fundraiser: Flemington resident and photographer, David Norton, is raising money for Hunterdon Healthcare’s COVID-19 Support Fund while taking “porch portraits”, photographing families standing on their porches and posting their stories of quarantine and dealing with the pandemic. A suggested donation of $40 or more is requested for a portrait of you or your family. If interested, please email David at firstname.lastname@example.org or donate directly to his GoFundMe page.
- Links for Life – Community Fundraiser: Money being raised will support the Hunterdon County Community of small business restaurants and the frontline medical workers. All funds will be used to buy and deliver pre-packaged lunches for the Hunterdon Healthcare medical providers working tirelessly to help with COVID-19. If interested, please donate here.
- Feed Your Hospital New Jersey: Feed Your Hospital supports communities in New Jersey most impacted by COVID-19 by delivering food and hot meals prepared by local Asian restaurants to frontline healthcare workers including Hunterdon Medical Center. They have already provided over 100 meals to our clinical units from Great Wall Cuisine in Flemington! Please click here to donate. Your donation is tax-deductible!
Hunterdon Healthcare Message of Thanks
On behalf of the whole Hunterdon Healthcare team, thank you for your generosity during this time of great need!
Please view the Thank You Video to the Community with Patrick Gavin, President and CEO, and Phil Beekman, Senior Vice President, Hunterdon Healthcare Foundation.
Let There Be Light Community Support
Please enjoy this video featuring an original song dedicated to Hunterdon Healthcare employees from Thomas Johnston. The song is called, “You are Heroes.”
Hunterdon Healthcare offers an array of educational events, including childbirth, healthy living and fitness classes.LEARN MORE
Health and Wellness Centers
Where health and fitness meet to help you stay healthy at every age.LEARN MORE
Health Resource Library
Hunterdon Healthcare is pleased to provide our website visitors with this comprehensive Health Resource Library.LEARN MORE