Mission and Core Values
Hunterdon Healthcare System delivers compassionate and exceptional care that improves the health of the community.
Hunterdon Healthcare System is recognized as a national model for offering community focused health improvement that is consumer-centered and driven by a passion for excellence.
“The Hunterdon Promise” – Core Values
The purpose of the Core Values for Hunterdon Healthcare is to create behaviors that are important to the success of the organization, support the mission and uphold the values of Integrity, Caring, Communication, Collaboration, Excellence and Accountability.
- All Hunterdon Healthcare employees take pride in what we do, feel responsible for the outcome of our efforts and recognize our work as a reflection of ourselves. We take pride in this organization as if we owned it!
- Be loyal to Hunterdon Healthcare.
- Accept the responsibilities of and accountability for your job.
- “It is my job.” If you are unable to meet a request, be responsible for finding someone who can.
- Create a culture that taps the full potential of employees.
- Foster an environment that allows all people to feel appreciated, included and valued.
- Encourage new ideas, recognizing their value to individual and organizational growth and progress.
- Respect privacy and confidentiality between our colleagues and the community we serve.
- We care for all patients, guests, colleagues, and community members.
- Greet patients and guests as soon as possible upon arrival.
- Keep patients and guests informed throughout their visit.
- Respect each individual’s dignity and privacy.
- Be responsible for anticipating and responding to patient needs.
- Provide clear, current directional signage.
- Keep our work environment clean and safe.
- Understanding is our communications goal; therefore, we are committed to active listening in order to fully understand everyone’s needs. We recognize and accept diverse backgrounds. We are attentive to both verbal and nonverbal messages. All information is presented in a courteous, clear and caring manner using terms that can be easily understood.
- Be considerate and keep noise levels to a minimum.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Escort patients and guests to their destination.
- Employ active listening.
- Use appropriate body language.
- Avoid technical or professional jargon.
- Phone Etiquette:
- Identify your department and yourself. Be friendly, courteous and professional as you offer assistance.
- Ask permission to put the caller on hold. Thank caller for holding when you return.
- Provide an immediate opt-out when using phone trees, e.g. press “0” for assistance.
- Identify all voicemail boxes using the approved script.
- Use the temporary greeting function to indicate when you are unavailable, e.g. out of the office or on vacation.
- Elevator Etiquette:
- Smile and greet others, making eye contact and conversation if appropriate.
- Allow patients and guests to enter and exit first: Employees are: “Last In – Last Out.”
- Ask others what floor and push the button for them.
- Wait for another elevator if a patient is being transported.
- E-Mail Etiquette:
- Respond to all e-mails within 24-hours.
- Comply with hospital policies regarding e-mail.
With the Hunterdon Promise in mind, we will:
- Treat every colleague as a professional.
- Show courtesy, respect, honesty and consideration.
- Demonstrate our ability to listen, understand and empathize.
- Encourage comments to questions related to patient satisfaction be directed to Quality Improvement.
- Show respect.
- Exhibit courtesy, compassion and kindness, valuing individual uniqueness and dignity.
- Pursue the highest standards in service, quality, and patient satisfaction, and commit to continuously improving ourselves.
- Accountable for the financial and other resources that are entrusted to us.
- Finally, through support, encouragement, and compassion we will hold each other accountable for fulfilling “The Hunterdon Promise.”
Hunterdon Healthcare offers an array of educational events, including childbirth, healthy living and fitness classes.LEARN MORE
Health and Wellness Centers
Where health and fitness meet to help you stay healthy at every age.LEARN MORE
Health Resource Library
Hunterdon Healthcare is pleased to provide our website visitors with this comprehensive Health Resource Library.LEARN MORE