UPDATE September 23, 2021 –
Yellow Visitation Policy
The New Jersey Hospital Association recently updated the Hospital Visitation Status for Hunterdon County to YELLOW which allows for one visitor per patient visitation policy at this time.
Visiting hours are between the hours of 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm. (*Exceptions apply). All visitors must be 18 years or older.
We will continue to monitor COVID-19 transmission and hospitalization rates in our region and regularly evaluate our visitation policy as these rates decline. Thank you for your patience.
- Please see Visitor Policy for Maternity for complete guidelines.
Patient & Family Virtual Visits
The Patient & Family Support Team can facilitate telephone or virtual communication between family members and a patient. Currently, visits may be scheduled 7 days a week from 10:30 am – 4:00 pm. Please see the attached flyer for details and to arrange a Virtual Visit with a family member.
Screening in Place and Visitation Guidelines at Hunterdon Medical Center
The safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, and staff is our number one priority. Please be aware of the following guidelines before visiting Hunterdon Medical Center.
Patients will be allowed one visitor OR support person at a time. (Certain exclusions apply). In extenuating circumstances, other exceptions may be made with input from the nursing unit, nursing supervisor, MD.
All visitors must be 18 years of age or older, except in rare exceptions as determined by the facility.
Temperature and Symptom Screening
- All visitors must undergo symptoms and temperature checks upon entering the hospital. If they present with fever or symptoms, they will not be allowed entry into the facility as recommended by the CDC.
- Once a visitor/support person is approved, they will still need to complete our screening process for COVID-19 Symptoms, which includes
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Prior to and During the Visit
- All visitors must perform hand hygiene before visiting a patient.
- Once in the hospital, visitors shall remain in the patient’s room (or Emergency Department room/bay) as much as possible throughout the visit, except when directed by hospital or facility staff to leave during an aerosol-generating procedure or other procedures in which visitors are usually asked to leave.
- All visitors must comply with all reasonable requirements imposed by the hospital or facility to minimize the potential spread of infection.
Mask/Face Coverings for Patients, Visitors, and Staff
At this time, Hunterdon Healthcare will not be allowing visitors, patients, or staff to wear neck gaiters, bandanas, or masks with exhalation valves, including N95s or KN95s, while within any of our facilities. If a patient, visitor, or staff arrives at one of our facilities wearing any of these restricted masks/face coverings, they will be asked to remove the restricted mask/face covering and Hunterdon Healthcare will supply a procedural mask for the person to wear while in the facility.
We apologize for the inconvenience, but the health of our community is of our utmost concern. Safety procedures at Hunterdon Healthcare are created with the intent to protect both patients and staff. Hunterdon Healthcare’s personal protective equipment standards are informed by advice from authorities such as the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and from the New Jersey Department of Health.
Patients and visitors at any Hunterdon Healthcare site are required to wear a face-covering while on-premises. Exceptions to this requirement are patients who:
* Are unconscious
* Are unable to remove the mask on their own
* Are under the age of two years
* Are in respiratory distress
Patients without one of these exclusions who refuse to wear a face-covering pose a significant risk to healthcare workers and other patients, and thus will not be permitted on premises unless they are:
* Patients who present at the emergency department
* Pregnant patients who present in labor
Visitors who refuse to wear a face-covering are not permitted on-premises.
Additional Policies for All Visitors
- The visitor(s) must be masked before or upon entry to the patient area and stay masked at all times.
- The visitor(s) will have their temperature checked upon entry to the patient area.
- If at any time the visitor(s) demonstrates signs of COVID-19, a respiratory or viral infection, they will be asked to leave the unit and will be unable to return to the hospital.
- The patient and visitor(s) must remain in their assigned room at all times; they are not to walk in the hallway. If a visitor leaves the unit at any time, they will NOT be allowed to return to the unit.
- Hunterdon Medical Center will supply meals to the visitor(s) for a small fee. The visitor(s) should order food using the same procedure as the patient. They will eat in the room with the patient.
- Security will be called for any visitor that violates the visitor policy and they will be escorted out of the building. They will NOT be allowed re-entry into the hospital.
- Hunterdon Medical Center reserves the right to change these policies without notice to provide safe care to our community.
Hunterdon Healthcare offers an array of educational events, including childbirth, healthy living and fitness classes.LEARN MORE
Health and Wellness Centers
Where health and fitness meet to help you stay healthy at every age.LEARN MORE
Health Resource Library
Hunterdon Healthcare is pleased to provide our website visitors with this comprehensive Health Resource Library.LEARN MORE