Hunterdon Healthcare System is committed to conducting business legally and ethically, and we want our business partnerships with vendors to reflect a shared commitment to ethical and legal behavior. Information contained in this section covers various topics related to Hunterdon Healthcare System’s standards for vendor compliance.
New and currently registered vendors are required to report to the Materials Management department to sign in and receive an ID badge before scheduled appointments with our departments. The Materials Management department is located in the basement of the main campus.
Parties Interested in Becoming New Vendors
Parties interested in becoming new vendors to Hunterdon Healthcare System must contact Materials Management at (908) 788-6123 to obtain additional information about the process for becoming a vendor and to discuss the products/services offered.
Do not complete the online registration process until you have been advised to do so by Materials Management.
Medical products being reviewed by (introduced to) Hunterdon’s Clinical Staff must be discussed with Materials Management and approved by Hunterdon’s Value Analysis Committee before these products can be used by Hunterdon’s Clinical Staff for the first time. Products or equipment provided to Hunterdon for trial use must have a no-charge purchase order for tracking purposes. Hunterdon assumes no liability for items left without a purchase order.
Completion of the process for becoming a new vendor is not a guarantee of conducting business with Hunterdon in the future.
Vendors Currently Conducting Business with Hunterdon
Hunterdon Healthcare System’s Vendor Management Program has been developed to facilitate compliance with government regulations and health care accreditation standards applicable to Hunterdon’s interactions with vendors and their representatives and to facilitate the exchange of information between Hunterdon and its vendors. Many, but not all, vendors currently conducting business with Hunterdon are required to complete our online registration process.
However, all vendors are required to review and comply with our vendor-related policies, which are contained below in the section titled, “Vendor Compliance.”
Vendors Required to Register
Vendors who are required to complete the online registration process include, but are not limited to:
– Pharmaceutical, medical supply/device and surgical supply/equipment vendors visiting patient care areas
– Vendors with direct patient contact
– Vendors of nonmedical products/services that could potentially impact patient care
– Vendors with access to electronic systems
– Vendors with access to Hunterdon’s facilities outside of normal business hours
– Vendors of nonmedical products/services who access patient care areas
– Vendors who have been advised by Materials Management to complete the registration process
because of the scope of their business activities with Hunterdon
Hunterdon’s Materials Management Department maintains a list of vendor categories that are exempt from the registration process. Vendors who would like to confirm whether they are required to register should contact Materials Management at (908) 788-6123.
For more information about this online registration process, click the link below to download a fact sheet and frequently-asked questions about Hunterdon’s Vendor Management Program.
Vendor Registration Information – 10 page PDF format (180KB)
To complete the online registration process as an existing vendor, please visit our Registration Web site.
- Technical Assistance with Registration: If you require technical assistance with the registration process
By email: email@example.com
By telephone: Call Customer Support at (877) 754-1636.
- Business Questions about the Vendor Program: If you have business questions regarding the Vendor Program, please contact us using our contact form.
The Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 (DRA), which became effective January 1, 2007, requires Hunterdon Healthcare System to maintain policies and procedures regarding the Federal and State False Claims Act; remedies for making false statements and claims; and whistleblower protection under the law.
The DRA further requires that our policies, procedures, information about the False Claims Act (FCA) and other federal and state laws pertaining to false claims and statements and our Corporate Compliance Program be made available to our employees, contractors, and agents who are required to uphold and comply with the standards outlined in our corporate compliance program.
As a valued vendor or contractor of Hunterdon, we are required to provide you with the following information, to underscore our efforts to detect and prevent fraud, waste, and abuse. You are required to review and abide by our FCA policy, Corporate Compliance Program, and Standards for Vendor Conduct. Please communicate the following documents to all of your employees who provide services to Hunterdon Healthcare System.
These documents are available by clicking on the links below.
- False Claims Act Policy – 8 page PDF format (65KB)
- Corporate Compliance Program Policy – 7 page PDF format (42KB)
- Vendor Code of Conduct – 30 page PDF format (367KB)
Hunterdon Healthcare System is committed to complying with government regulations applicable to the services we provide and to conduct business in an ethical manner.
Vendors are asked to help prevent fraud, waste, and abuse by reporting situations appearing to be improper. Listed below are examples of health care activities that may lead to the submission of “false claims” to the government:
- Billing for services not medically necessary;
- Billing for services not rendered or items never provided;
- Falsifying documentation ina patient’s medical record to support upcoding;
- Duplicate billing for items or services;
- Failing to report overpayments in a timely manner, as required by law.
The following reporting methods are available:
- Calling our confidential Compliance Hotline at (908) 788-2585
- Contacting Ann Michaels, Director, Corporate Compliance and Internal Audit, at (908) 237-7059 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with federal and state law, retaliation or retribution for the “good faith” reporting of suspected violations is prohibited at Hunterdon Healthcare System.
Hunterdon Healthcare offers an array of educational events, including childbirth, healthy living and fitness classes.LEARN MORE
Health and Wellness Centers
Where health and fitness meet to help you stay healthy at every age.LEARN MORE
Health Resource Library
Hunterdon Healthcare is pleased to provide our website visitors with this comprehensive Health Resource Library.LEARN MORE