- Advanced Gastroenterology and Nutrition
- Bariatric Surgery
- Behavioral Health
- Branchburg Family Health Center
- Breast Care Program
- Bright Tomorrows Preschool and Child Care Center
- Briteside Adult Day Center
- Cancer Care
- Cancer Redirect
- Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
- Center for Advanced Pain Management at Hunterdon Medical Center
- Center for Advanced Weight Loss
- Center for Bone and Joint Health
- Center for Healthy Aging
- Center for Nutrition and Diabetes Management
- Central Jersey Regional Memory Center
- Child Development Center
- Cornerstone Family Practice
- CPR Training Center
- Delaware Valley Family Health Center
- Developmental Pediatric Associates
- Diabetes / Center for Nutrition and Diabetes Managment
- Diabetes and Endocrine Associates of Hunterdon
- Donate to Hunterdon Healthcare
- Emergency Department
- Family Medicine
- Family Medicine Residency Program
- Heart & Vascular Care
- Highlands Family Health Center
- Hip Replacement
- Home Health
- Hopewell Family Practice
- Hopewell Family Practice at Pennington
- How to Make an Appointment
- Hunterdon Behavioral Health
- Hunterdon Center for Dermatology
- Hunterdon County Special Child Health Services Case Management Unit
- Hunterdon Family Medicine
- Hunterdon Health and Wellness Centers
- Hunterdon Infectious Disease Specialists
- Hunterdon Lifeline
- Hunterdon Medical Center Foundation
- Hunterdon Pediatric Associates
- Hunterdon Regional Autism Center
- Hunterdon Regional Breast Care Program
- Hunterdon Regional Cancer Center
- Hunterdon Regional Community Health
- Hunterdon Regional Pharmacy
- Hunterdon Women’s Imaging Center
- Hunterdon Wound Healing Center
- Infusion Services
- Knee Replacement
- Laboratory Services
- Medical Imaging
- Memory Center
- Neurodevelopmental Pediatricians
- Nursing Services
- Palliative Care
- Partnership for Health
- Pediatric Rehabilitation
- Pediatric Speech and Hearing Services
- Phillips Barber Family Health Center
- Physical & Occupational Therapy
- Primary Care
- Psychiatric Associates of Hunterdon
- Pulmonary Care
- Riverfield Family Health Center
- Sleep Disorders Centers
- Speech & Hearing
- The Child Development Center
- The Early Intervention Program
- Visiting Health and Supportive Services
- Volunteer Resources
- Weight Loss
- Wellness Centers
- Wound Healing
Center for Nutrition and Diabetes Management
The Center for Nutrition and Diabetes Management exists to treat the body, educate the mind, and nurture the spirit of people with nutritional needs and diabetes so they may lead satisfying, productive and healthy lives.
Our emphasis is to assist people to make positive behavioral changes that will help them achieve and maintain good health, as well as prevent or minimize the complications that may develop.
The program is staffed by certified diabetes educators and registered dietitians who work with healthcare professionals including endocrinologists, ophthalmologists, cardiologists, nephrologists, podiatrists, primary care physicians and social workers. This team approach encourages communication, which enhances the learning experience.
The Center for Nutrition and Diabetes Management has been awarded the prestigious American Diabetes Association (ADA) Certificate of Recognition for quality diabetes education programs. The rigorous ADA recognition process ensures that the Hunterdon Medical Center´s Center for Nutrition and Diabetes Management has met the National Standards for Diabetes Patient Education.
Our program has been nationally accredited since 1992 and is recognized as a center of excellence by the ADA because it offers high-quality education services to the patients in the community.
Diabetes Self Management
- What is Diabetes?
- Diabetes Statistics
- Diabetes Education Sessions
- Why should I see a diabetes nurse educator?
- Insulin Pump Group
- Safe Syringe Disposal Program
- Yoga for People with Diabetes
- Medical Nutritional Therapy
- Weigh to Go
- Why Can't I Lose Weight?
- Healthy Recipes
- Nutrition Tip of the Month
Diabetes and Nutrition Tools
Diabetes Risk Test - Take this test to see if you are at risk for having diabetes.
On-line Body Mass Calculator - This calculator provides BMI and the corresponding BMI weight status category. Use this calculator for adults, 20 years old and older.
1 page PDF format (148 KB)
Body Mass Index Table
- Diabetes Sites on the World Wide Web
- Nutrition Sites on the World Wide Web
- What Would YOU Do in a Disaster? A guide to emergency preparedness for people with diabetes.
- For Your Informed Reading
- In Your Own Words...comments from our patients
We are located in the Wescott Medical Arts Center, Suite 102. The Wescott Medical Arts Center is located next to Hunterdon Medical Center on Wescott Drive.
For more information about our programs or to schedule an appointment, please call our office at (908) 237-6920 Monday through Friday from 8am to 4:30pm.