Hunterdon Internal Medicine Associates will have a new telephone number as of Friday, January 6, 2017. The new number will be 908-237-4072. Please make note of this when calling the office on or after January 6th. Thank you.
Hunterdon Internal Medicine Associates provides prompt, skilled, comprehensive health care in a friendly atmosphere. We are accepting new patients age 13 and up.
Hunterdon Internal Medicine Associates provides:
- Physical examinations
- Workers Comp and insurance exams
- Minor surgery including skin biopsies
- Laboratory testing, Electrocardiography, and Pulmonary Function Testing
- High School Sports Participation exams, College Entrance exams
- CDL commercial driver examinations
- Pilot AME exams, class 1, 2 and 3
- Travel medicine consultation and services
- Destination-specific and all adult vaccinations
- International Certificates of Vaccination
- Wound Care at Hunterdon Wound Healing Center
- Hospice Oversight
- Annual Preventative and Wellness Visits for Patients 13 & Older
- Same Day Urgent Visits
- Women’s Health Exams, Pap Smears
- Routine Visits to Address New Concerns or Chronic Medical Conditions
- Vaccine Administration Including Flu Shots
Travel Medicine Services
We offer a full range of travel medicine related services and specialize in medical preparation for a healthy and safe journey. Our staff has experience and expertise to answer most travel medicine related questions.
Our Travel Medicine Services:
- Individualized counseling based on personal medical history, destination, and itinerary. A customized travel report is included with each travel visit, (emailed or printed), covering all topics discussed in your travel visit as well as additional information.
- Review of current immunization status. We stock both routine update and destination-specific immunizations including Yellow Fever and will provide vaccinations, as needed
- Malaria prevention medication and strategies to reduce exposure to disease carrying insects
- International Certificates of Vaccination
- Provide medications, as indicated for the prevention or treatment of travelers’ diarrhea, altitude illness, and jet lag
Traveling for work or business? For the corporate or business traveler, we provide information geared towards those who may need to travel on short notice or who travel frequently to destinations around the globe. Topics covered include jet lag, traveler’s diarrhea prevention, worldwide access to personal medical history, and International Certificates of Vaccination.
To better serve our business and frequent travelers, an expedited or ‘same-day’ travel medicine consultation and an accelerated vaccination schedule can be arranged for last minute assignments abroad. Upon request, information regarding services and immunizations obtained at our office can be forwarded to each patient’s company physician or health department free of charge. Information such as where to purchase effective insect repellant, water purification devices, bed netting, and other travel related items are some of the topics covered at your travel medicine visit.
Going with a large party? For larger groups going to the same destination, special arrangements can be made to streamline appointments and health information, as well as reduced pricing.
Pilot Medical Exams
We provide Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) medical certificates and AME assisted special issuances (AASI). We also provide Class 1 (with transmitted electrocardiogram when applicable), Class 2, and Class 3 examinations by appointment
Workers’ Compensation and Independent Medical Examinations
Hunterdon Internal Medicine Associates offers a full range of corporate medicine services. Our personnel are familiar with business and occupational related illnesses.
Our Group Travel visits provide a wealth of information including mosquito protection, prevention and treatment of traveler’s diarrhea, medical insurance for acute injury during travel and possible repatriation. Recommendations and vaccinations are based on the current information from the Centers for Disease Control. Please call us for more information.
Travelers should make an appointment one to two months in advance of scheduled departure to allow for optimum vaccine effectiveness and adequate pre-travel health planning.
- Laboratory and phlebotomy
- Computerized Pulmonary Function Testing
- Audiometry and Pulse Oximetry
- Occupational immunizations – tetanus and hepatitis B
- Corporate Travel Medicine Services
- Suturing and minor surgical procedures
- Electrocardiograms (ECG’s)
- Urine drug testing with Chain of Custody
- Department of Transportation (DOT) driver examinations
- Pre-employment and annual physical examinations
- Pilot medical examinations, Class 1, 2, and 3
- Workers’ compensation evaluations
- Treatment of on-the-job injuries
- Independent Medical Examinations, Internal Medicine
In situations where a company may need an immediate appointment, a ‘same-day’ visit can be scheduled for services such as random drug screening, injuries, and DOT physicals. In addition, an expedited travel medicine consultation and an accelerated vaccination schedule can be obtained for last minute assignments abroad. Services provided to employees are forwarded to the company health department upon request.
It is important that we understand your needs so that we can offer you the best possible care, so let us know if you would like us to visit your facility, or provide any special services unique to your industry and setting.
Mitra Abessi, MDInternist
Gregory Broslawski, DOInternist
Hunterdon Healthcare offers an array of educational events, including childbirth, healthy living and fitness classes.LEARN MORE
Health and Wellness Centers
Where health and fitness meet to help you stay healthy at every age.LEARN MORE
Health Resource Library
Hunterdon Healthcare is pleased to provide our website visitors with this comprehensive Health Resource Library.LEARN MORE