Hunterdon Family Practice & Obstetrics is glad to provide the following information to keep you aware and informed. Should you have any other questions, please give us a call at 908.788.6535.
What to Bring to Your Office Visit
For All Patients:
• Your insurance card must be presented to the receptionist at every visit.
• Please bring any forms associated with your visit.
• Please bring an up to date list of your medications, including over the counter medication and supplements (i.e. vitamins, allergy medications, pain medications, herbs, etc.).
• If you’ve received health care or testing of which we may not be aware, please bring copies of your records.
For New Patients:
• To expedite your check-in, you may print and complete our new patient registration form.
• If you have not had your previous records forwarded to our office, please bring any copies that are available to you.
• If your child is a new patient to us, it is of utmost importance that we have a copy of the most current immunization record at the time of the first visit.
Needing Completion by Your Provider
• If there are any forms associated with your office visit (i.e. school physicals, camp physicals, working papers, biometric screenings, etc.), please alert the front desk when making your appointment.
• Be sure to fill out your portion of the forms in detail before your visit with the provider.
• When you arrive at the office, present your forms to the medical assistant when you are called from the waiting room.
• If you forget your forms at the time of your appointment, you will be charged a $10 fee, and you may be called back to the office for further testing if required.
• Please call the office during normal business hours to request a prescription refill.
• For your convenience, you may also request refills via the Patient Portal.
• It is our policy not to accept refill requests from pharmacies—we prefer to hear directly from our patients to ensure the best medical care.
Obstetrical Patients: All of our physicians who deliver babies admit to the Maternal Newborn Care Center at the Hunterdon Medical Center. They will follow you through your labor, delivery and post-partum care.
Newborn Care: Whether or not one of our physicians took care of you throughout your pregnancy, we are happy to take care of your newborn in the hospital. When you are admitted to the Maternal Newborn Care Center, please let the staff know that you want your infant to be under the care of one of our physicians.
Pediatric and Adult Admissions: If you are admitted to the hospital, you will be taken care of by the specialist who admitted you or a doctor known as a hospitalist. Hospitalists are specially trained to provide care in the hospital setting. Our providers will visit our patients who have been admitted to the Hunterdon Medical Center. Although the hospital makes every effort to notify us if one of our patients has been admitted, we would appreciate a call from you or a family member/friend if you have not seen one of our physicians within the first day of your stay.
If your insurance company requires a referral when you see a specialist for further testing or appointments, please do the following:
• Schedule your appointment with the specialist or testing facility.
• Call our referral line (908) 788-6490 to leave a message with all of your information about the appointment (day, time, specialist’s name, patient name, date of birth, and insurance name).
• Please allow at least three (3) business days for the referral to be processed. If for some reason you need the referral the next day, call our office at (908) 788-6535. We will notify you when your referral is ready for pick up (it is best if you pick up the referral from our office and take it to your appointment.)
• Please be advised that if you see a specialist, and your insurance requires a referral, and a referral is not issued, you will be responsible for the entire cost of your visit with that specialist.
• If you have any questions, please call our office (908) 788-6535.
Patient Advisory Council (PAC)
Our office established a Patient Advisory Council based on the belief that if we truly wish to meet the needs of our patients, we must listen carefully to the voices of the most informed people on the care team – our patients and their families. Our PAC meets quarterly.
The PAC’s goals are to:
• Provide an effective mechanism for receiving and responding to consumer input.
• Ensure that we are truly meeting our consumers’ needs and priorities.
• Enhance understanding and cooperation between patients, families, and the other members of their care team.
• Work together to improve patient services and patient satisfaction.
• Work together to develop creative, cost-effective solutions to the problems and challenges facing primary care providers.
Lisa A. Plunkett, MDPrimary Care Physician
C. Antonia Mattei, MDPrimary Care Physician
Elizabeth L. Koorie, MDPrimary Care Physician
Erica L. Hannema, DOPrimary Care Physician
Nicole M. Domanski, FNPFamily Nurse Practitioner
Amanda J. Henning, NP-CFamily Medicine
Hunterdon Healthcare offers an array of educational events, including childbirth, healthy living and fitness classes.LEARN MORE
Health and Wellness Centers
Where health and fitness meet to help you stay healthy at every age.LEARN MORE
Health Resource Library
Hunterdon Healthcare is pleased to provide our website visitors with this comprehensive Health Resource Library.LEARN MORE