Our Maternity and Newborn Care Center’s experienced staff provides expert care for moms and babies alike. We offer technically advanced birthing suites that are private, spacious and comfortable. Our experienced physicians and nurses deliver nearly than 1,000 babies annually.
Highlights of the Hunterdon Medical Center Maternity and Newborn Care Center:
- 20 private patient rooms. Patients deliver in one suite and receive post partum care in another suite.
- A Level II Special Care Nursery, available for early deliveries, emergency situations, or for newborns with a medical problem
- A wide range of Childbirth Education classes and attentive staff who welcome your questions and concerns.
- A staff of Board Certified Lactation Consultants is on hand to teach and assist you learn how to breastfeed your baby. They are also available prior to your baby’s arrival, and after you go home. Insurance often covers outpatient lactation visits.
- After-baby support, including a courtesy follow-up phone call to all new moms after discharge, as well as numerous supportive groups and ongoing telephone support
For more information about Hunterdon Healthcare’s Maternity and Newborn Care, please contact your family physician for a referral or call 908-788-MOMS (6667).
Hunterdon Healthcare offers an array of educational events, including childbirth, healthy living and fitness classes.LEARN MORE
Health and Wellness Centers
Where health and fitness meet to help you stay healthy at every age.LEARN MORE
Health Resource Library
Hunterdon Healthcare is pleased to provide our website visitors with this comprehensive Health Resource Library.LEARN MORE