Home infusion is a cost-effective way to allow patients who might otherwise be hospitalized to remain in the comfort of their own surroundings. This security is often a factor in successful recovery from illness. Patients and family members are trained to participate in their infusion process by IV-certified registered nurses.
What Services are Available?
The skilled professionals offer state-of-the-art infusion services around the clock – when you need it. Service can be arranged on a one-time only or ongoing basis, including case management. Patient assessment and evaluation, education and compliance monitoring, as well as lab testing are available. We provide:
- antibiotics and other medications
- total parenteral nutrition
- pain management
- hydration / electrolyte therapy
- PICC line maintenance
Who Benefits from In-Home Infusion Services?
All of our patients benefit from the collaboration between Hunterdon Medical Center Home Health RNs (Pediatric and adult), clinical pharmacists and laboratory technologists. This coordinated team works with your physician to tailor a treatment plan, then provides ongoing monitoring of your progress.
Blood Work at Home
If illness or disability mean that you cannot travel to an outpatient lab for routine blood work, the Phlebotomy Program can come to you. Having blood drawn at home can lessen your anxiety about travelling to a facility, and eliminates the cost of transportation.
Phlebotomy is available through Visiting Health and Supportive Services for those who require blood work for medication or disease management. A New Jersey-certified phlebotomist visits the home, collects a specimen, and transports it to a lab. (A doctor’s order is required.)
To Use the Program:
- Register for participation by calling the HRCH Central Referral Line at (908) 788-2562. You will need to provide information about yourself, including name, phone number, address, date of birth and payment information.
- Ask your physician to fax a prescription with orders for blood work.
- Once you have registered, a New Jersey certified Phlebotomist will make an appointment for a home visit to draw your blood.
- Your sample will be delivered to the laboratory for processing.
- The results of the lab work will be sent directly to your physician in confidence. The phlebotomy service does not receive the results.
- When future blood work is required, request another prescription from your physician, then call our Central Referral Line to schedule an appointment. It’s that simple!
Payment for the blood draw is expected at the time of service; billing for lab work will be mailed to you directly from the processing laboratory and may be covered by insurance
Hunterdon Healthcare offers an array of educational events, including childbirth, healthy living and fitness classes.LEARN MORE
Health and Wellness Centers
Where health and fitness meet to help you stay healthy at every age.LEARN MORE
Health Resource Library
Hunterdon Healthcare is pleased to provide our website visitors with this comprehensive Health Resource Library.LEARN MORE