- Advanced Gastroenterology and Nutrition
- Bariatric Surgery
- Behavioral Health
- Blood Donation
- Branchburg Family Health Center
- Breast Care Program
- Bright Tomorrows Preschool and Child Care Center
- Briteside Adult Day Center
- Cancer Care
- Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
- Center for Advanced Weight Loss
- Center for Bone and Joint Health
- Center for Healthy Aging
- Center for Nutrition and Diabetes Management
- Central Jersey Regional Memory Center
- Child Development Center
- Cornerstone Family Practice
- County Line Family Practice
- CPR Training Center
- DaVinci Robotic Surgery
- Delaware Valley Family Health Center
- Developmental Pediatric Associates
- Diabetes / Center for Nutrition and Diabetes Management
- Diabetes and Endocrine Associates of Hunterdon
- Donate Blood
- Donate to Hunterdon Healthcare
- Early Intervention Program
- Emergency Department
- Family Medicine
- Family Medicine Residency Program
- Hearing Aids
- Heart & Vascular Care
- Highlands Family Health Center
- Hip Replacement
- Home Health
- Hopewell Family Practice & Sports Medicine
- How to Make an Appointment
- Hunterdon Behavioral Health
- Hunterdon Center for Dermatology
- Hunterdon County Special Child Health Services Case Management Unit
- Hunterdon Health and Wellness Centers
- Hunterdon Healthy Connections
- Hunterdon Infectious Disease Specialists
- Hunterdon Lifeline
- Hunterdon Medical Center Foundation
- Hunterdon Pediatric Associates
- Hunterdon Regional Breast Care Program
- Hunterdon Regional Cancer Center
- Hunterdon Regional Community Health
- Hunterdon Regional Pharmacy
- Hunterdon Women’s Imaging Center
- Hunterdon Wound Healing Center
- Infusion Services
- Integrative Medicine Program
- Knee Replacement
- Laboratory Services
- Medical Imaging
- Memory Center
- Neurodevelopmental Pediatricians
- Nursing Services
- Pain Management
- Palliative Care
- Partnership for Health
- Pediatric Rehabilitation
- Pediatric Speech and Hearing Services
- Phillips Barber Family Health Center
- Physical & Occupational Therapy
- Primary Care
- Psychiatric Associates of Hunterdon
- Pulmonary Care
- Riverfield Family Health Center
- Sleep Disorders Centers
- Speech & Hearing
- The Child Development Center
- The Early Intervention Program
- Visiting Health and Supportive Services
- Volunteer Resources
- Weight Loss
- Wellness Centers
- Wound Healing
Hunterdon Medical Center Emergency Room
Hunterdon’s Emergency Room provides exceptional care to patients experiencing heart attack, stroke, trauma or severe and life-threatening illnesses and injuries.
If you are experiencing an emergency, call 9-1-1.
Hunterdon Medical Center
2100 Wescott Drive
Flemington, NJ 08822
In 2002, Hunterdon Medical Center embarked on the most ambitious expansion project in its 49-year history. The result is an Emergency Department three times its former size and a reflection of our commitment to excellence in health care for our community.
Our regional Mobile Intensive Care Units (MICUs) serve Hunterdon and southern Warren Counties, providing access to advanced treatment and life support equipment in the face of life-threatening emergencies. They were the first in New Jersey to administer Retavase - a "clot busting" drug - to patients during transport, greatly reducing the wait for treatment. Hunterdon Medical Center also acts as a learning resource, providing regular training opportunities in the latest emergency medical procedures for Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) from around the county.
Seven Physician Specialists with specialty training in emergency medicine staff the Emergency Department. They provide the highest level of round-the-clock critical care.
Excellence in Care
The Emergency Department has set a goal of assuring that treatment is initiated for most patients within 30 minutes of arrival. Additional physician specialists, critical care nurses, and diagnostic staff also provide immediate support.
For the last 5 years, the Emergency Department has consistently scored in the 99th percentile (among 266 hospitals nation-wide using the Press, Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey).
Our outstanding Patient Satisfaction extends to these areas:
- courtesy shown to family and friends
- waiting time in treatment area
- concern for comfort
- informed about treatments
- doctor and nurse take problems seriously
In 1979, when Hunterdon County had 87,000 residents, the Emergency Department provided 12,569 visits. By 2001, the number had grown dramatically to 25,132 visits. Renovation of the Department has created a facility three times its former size, and as sophisticated as any in the nation today.
The design process has emphasized the comfort, privacy and convenience of our patients.
Every effort was made to design a facility that will give patients the very best of care in a spacious state-of-the-art, private and convenient environment.
Patients will notice the changes even before they walk through the emergency room doors. Additional parking spaces, separate entrances for ambulances and walk-ins and a reconfigured patient drop-off area provide easy access. The facility features a private registration area and 14 private treatment rooms. The ICU has increased from 10 beds to 12, and includes offices, doctors´ work stations and a centralized nurses´ station. Two designated trauma rooms are specially equipped to handle patients with cardiac emergencies. Additional cardiac monitors enable physicians to monitor their cardiac patients at all times on centrally-located computer screens.
The new Emergency Department also houses its own x-ray equipment, eliminating some of the need for patient transport to the Medical Imaging Department and resulting in faster test results. A transport machine designed to carry blood and cultures to the hospital´s lab also aids in faster test results.
Another specialized treatment feature is a secure, private surveillance room for patients with mental health emergencies. This room enables staff to stabilize patients in a safe environment separate from the rest of the department.
A negative pressure isolation room provides a safe environment for treating patients with an airborne infectious disease, such as tuberculosis. A negative-pressure room helps avoid the risk of infection by venting air from the room so that it does not mix with air in the rest of the department.
This spacious new facility has been designed with you - our patient - in mind. This attention to detail - from triage through treatment - assures the best care possible for Hunterdon Medical Center´s Emergency Department patients.
Fast Track: For Minor Emergencies
Mobile Intensive Care Units (MICU)
What to Expect in the ER
Visitors in the Emergency Room
Copies of medical records
Be Prepared for an Emergency