- Advanced Gastroenterology and Nutrition
- Bariatric Surgery
- Behavioral Health
- Blood Donation
- Branchburg Family Health Center
- Breast Care Program
- Bright Tomorrows Preschool and Child Care Center
- Briteside Adult Day Center
- Cancer Care
- Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
- Center for Advanced Weight Loss
- Center for Bone and Joint Health
- Center for Healthy Aging
- Center for Nutrition and Diabetes Management
- Central Jersey Regional Memory Center
- Child Development Center
- Cornerstone Family Practice
- County Line Family Practice
- CPR Training Center
- DaVinci Robotic Surgery
- Delaware Valley Family Health Center
- Developmental Pediatric Associates
- Diabetes / Center for Nutrition and Diabetes Management
- Diabetes and Endocrine Associates of Hunterdon
- Donate Blood
- Donate to Hunterdon Healthcare
- Early Intervention Program
- Emergency Department
- Family Medicine
- Family Medicine Residency Program
- Hearing Aids
- Heart & Vascular Care
- Highlands Family Health Center
- Hip Replacement
- Home Health
- Hopewell Family Practice & Sports Medicine
- How to Make an Appointment
- Hunterdon Behavioral Health
- Hunterdon Center for Dermatology
- Hunterdon County Special Child Health Services Case Management Unit
- Hunterdon Health and Wellness Centers
- Hunterdon Healthy Connections
- Hunterdon Infectious Disease Specialists
- Hunterdon Lifeline
- Hunterdon Medical Center Foundation
- Hunterdon Pediatric Associates
- Hunterdon Regional Breast Care Program
- Hunterdon Regional Cancer Center
- Hunterdon Regional Community Health
- Hunterdon Regional Pharmacy
- Hunterdon Women’s Imaging Center
- Hunterdon Wound Healing Center
- Infusion Services
- Integrative Medicine Program
- Knee Replacement
- Laboratory Services
- Medical Imaging
- Memory Center
- Neurodevelopmental Pediatricians
- Nursing Services
- Pain Management
- Palliative Care
- Partnership for Health
- Pediatric Rehabilitation
- Pediatric Speech and Hearing Services
- Phillips Barber Family Health Center
- Physical & Occupational Therapy
- Primary Care
- Psychiatric Associates of Hunterdon
- Pulmonary Care
- Riverfield Family Health Center
- Sleep Disorders Centers
- Speech & Hearing
- The Child Development Center
- The Early Intervention Program
- Visiting Health and Supportive Services
- Volunteer Resources
- Weight Loss
- Wellness Centers
- Wound Healing
The Central Jersey Regional Memory Center
What is The Central Jersey Regional Memory Center?
Our mission is to provide consultative evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, and support to individuals with memory concerns.
At the Central Jersey Regional Memory Center, located in The Hunterdon Center for Healthy Aging at Hunterdon Medical Center, anyone with memory concerns has a place to go for early detection, compassionate care, and memory loss education.
Get the Facts
- Currently there are about 5 million Americans with Waldheim's or another form of dementia.
- There are 15 million Americans with mild cognitive impairment.
- Of the 5 million Americans with dementia, only 50% have received a definitive diagnosis and only 10% are receiving medication.
What Will Happen During My Visit to the Memory Center?
During your first visit, you will receive an intake interview by a nurse so he/she can determine your personal needs. You will then have a Comprehensive Diagnostic Appointment where a doctor will:
- Review your family history
- Perform a physical
- Perform cognitive testing
- Complete lab and/or imaging work
Your follow up visit is to discuss your diagnosis and treatment plan. This appointment is usually 2-4 weeks after your Comprehensive Diagnostic Appointment. At this appointment we will also provide family education along with your diagnosis and treatment options.
Subsequent to these processes, we will provide follow-up calls from our nurse coordinator, as well as a 3 to 6 month follow-up appointment to review your result. After this, you will have follow-up appointments at our Memory Center every 3-12 months or as needed.
How to Keep Your Mind Sharp
Linda Bryant, RN, Director of Senior Services at Hunterdon Medical Center, has some ideas for you to improve your memory.
- Do puzzles to exercise your brain, such as crossword puzzles or word games.
- Learn a new language or how to play a musical instrument.
- Manage stress. Being overstressed can attribute to memory loss.
- Get physical! Physical exercise not only boosts memory, it helps stay alert.
How Do I Pay for My Evaluation?
Non-Medicare - the cost of the evaluation may be covered by some insurances. This would need to be authorized by your insurance beforehand.
Medicare - once your deductible has been met, medicare will cover the cost of the visit and testing.
The Memory Center Team at Hunterdon Medical Center
Program Director - R.N. and also Director of Senior Services at Hunterdon Medical Center. She is available for any questions regarding services or programs.
Memory Center Coordinator - a R.N. who will be your initial contact person to help you se up your appointment.
Geriatrician - a Board-Certified M.D. in Family Practice and Geriatric Medicine on staff at Hunterdon Medical Center, participates in senior program development through the hospital's Senior Services Program.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker - serves as outpatient geriatric social worker for the Geriatric Assessment Program and The Memory Center.
How Do I Arrange and Appointment?
Simply call for an appointment. Anyone can make a referral--the patient, a family member, physicians, social services or county agencies.
How do I contact the staff at The Central Jersey Regional Memory Center?
If you have any questions or would like more information, please call us at 908-788-6373.