- Advanced Gastroenterology and Nutrition
- Bariatric Surgery
- Behavioral Health
- Branchburg Family Health Center
- Breast Care Program
- Bright Tomorrows Preschool and Child Care Center
- Briteside Adult Day Center
- Cancer Care
- Cancer Redirect
- Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
- Center for Advanced Pain Management at Hunterdon Medical Center
- Center for Advanced Weight Loss
- Center for Bone and Joint Health
- Center for Healthy Aging
- Center for Nutrition and Diabetes Management
- Central Jersey Regional Memory Center
- Child Development Center
- Cornerstone Family Practice
- CPR Training Center
- Delaware Valley Family Health Center
- Developmental Pediatric Associates
- Diabetes / Center for Nutrition and Diabetes Managment
- Diabetes and Endocrine Associates of Hunterdon
- Donate to Hunterdon Healthcare
- Emergency Department
- Family Medicine
- Family Medicine Residency Program
- Heart & Vascular Care
- Highlands Family Health Center
- Hip Replacement
- Home Health
- Hopewell Family Practice
- Hopewell Family Practice at Pennington
- How to Make an Appointment
- Hunterdon Behavioral Health
- Hunterdon Center for Dermatology
- Hunterdon County Special Child Health Services Case Management Unit
- Hunterdon Family Medicine
- Hunterdon Health and Wellness Centers
- Hunterdon Infectious Disease Specialists
- Hunterdon Lifeline
- Hunterdon Medical Center Foundation
- Hunterdon Pediatric Associates
- Hunterdon Regional Autism Center
- Hunterdon Regional Breast Care Program
- Hunterdon Regional Cancer Center
- Hunterdon Regional Community Health
- Hunterdon Regional Pharmacy
- Hunterdon Women’s Imaging Center
- Hunterdon Wound Healing Center
- Infusion Services
- Knee Replacement
- Laboratory Services
- Medical Imaging
- Memory Center
- Neurodevelopmental Pediatricians
- Nursing Services
- Palliative Care
- Partnership for Health
- Pediatric Rehabilitation
- Pediatric Speech and Hearing Services
- Phillips Barber Family Health Center
- Physical & Occupational Therapy
- Primary Care
- Psychiatric Associates of Hunterdon
- Pulmonary Care
- Riverfield Family Health Center
- Sleep Disorders Centers
- Speech & Hearing
- The Child Development Center
- The Early Intervention Program
- Visiting Health and Supportive Services
- Volunteer Resources
- Weight Loss
- Wellness Centers
- Wound Healing
HMC Employee Honored with Excellence in Medicine Award
Pictured: Kathy Roye-Horn, RN, CIC, Director of Infection Prevention at Hunterdon Medical Center was the 2012 recipient of the Verice M. Mason Community Service Leader Award presented by MD Advantage.
Carrying forward a longstanding tradition of recognizing exceptional physicians and leaders in healthcare, MDAdvantage Insurance Company of New Jersey (www.MDAdvantageonline.com) today announced the 2013 honorees for the Edward J. Ill Excellence in Medicine Awards® (www.EJIawards.org).
The Excellence in Medicine Awards are named after Edward J. Ill, MD, a New Jersey physician who was a pioneer in promoting continuing education in ways that set the national standard. Every year since 1939, exemplary New Jersey physicians and leaders whose dedication to education, research and public service have significantly impacted the delivery of healthcare in the state and around the nation have been honored. This annual event has been sponsored by MDAdvantage Insurance Company of New Jersey since 2003.
Patricia A. Costante, Chairman and CEO of MDAdvantage, stated, “MDAdvantage is honored to sponsor this prestigious event. Next year will mark MDAdvantage’s tenth consecutive year of sponsorship, and we are proud of the significant impact the awards program has had on New Jersey healthcare.”
The 2013 awardees are:
- Outstanding Medical Educator Award:
Nayan Kothari, MD, Chairman, Department of Medicine, Saint Peters University Hospital and Vice President/Chief of Academic Affiliations (interim), Saint Peters Health Care System, and
Carol A. Terregino, MD, Senior Associate Dean for Education (interim) and Associate Dean for Admissions and Student Affairs at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
- Outstanding Medical Executive Award: Robert C. Garrett, FACHE, President and Chief Executive Officer, Hackensack University Health Network.
- Edward J. Ill Physician’s Award®: Robert L. Johnson, MD, The Sharon and Joseph L. Muscarelle Endowed Dean, New Jersey Medical School.
- Verice M. Mason Community Service Leader Award: Kathleen Horn, RN, CIC, Director of Infection Prevention, on behalf of the Hunterdon Medical Center Infection Prevention Team.
- Outstanding Medical Research Scientist Award for Basic Biomedical Research: Smita S. Patel, PhD, Professor, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, UMDNJ–Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
- Outstanding Medical Research Scientist Award for Clinical Research:
Suhayl Dhib-Jalbut, MD, Professor and Chairman, Department of Neurology, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and Chief, Neurology Service at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital.
- Peter W. Rodino, Jr., Citizen’s Award®: Mike Adler and the Adler Aphasia Center.
Paul J. Hirsch, MD, Chairman of the Edward J. Ill Excellence in Medicine Foundation, stated, “The mission of the Edward J. Ill Excellence in Medicine Awards® is not only to acknowledge the extraordinary accomplishments of our honorees, but also to support the future of healthcare in our state. The Scholarship Fund continues to grow year over year, and profits from the upcoming event will be dedicated to fund scholarships for seven extremely talented and deserving students.”
This year’s awards will be presented at the Edward J. Ill Excellence in Medicine Awards ceremony on May 1, 2013, at Greenacres Country Club in Lawrenceville, New Jersey. To participate in the 2013 Excellence in Medicine Awards by purchasing tickets, an Honor Roll sponsorship or an advertisement in the awards journal, contact the Edward J. Ill Excellence in Medicine Foundation at 609-803-2350 or visit www.EJIawards.org.
The awards program is sponsored by MDAdvantage Insurance Company of New Jersey, a leading provider of medical professional liability insurance in New Jersey. For more information on MDAdvantage, call 888-355-5551 or visit www.MDAdvantageonline.com.