Having a Baby
VISITOR RESTRICTION DURING FLU SEASON 2015:
Over the past few weeks, Hunterdon County has seen an increase in illness reported throughout the school districts and high flu activity has been identified throughout the county. In order to best protect patients, Hunterdon Medical Center has implemented a visitor restriction for children under the age of 18. As of Tuesday, January 6, 2015, children under the age of 18 are not allowed to visit patients in the hospital during the flu season.
Our Maternity and Newborn Care Center’s experienced staff provides expert care for moms and babies alike. We offer technically advanced birthing suites that are private, spacious and comfortable. Our experienced physicians and nurses deliver more than 1,200 babies annually.
Highlights of the Hunterdon Maternity and Newborn Care Center:
- 20 private labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum (LDRP) birthing suites in which mom can deliver and recover
- A Level II Special Care Nursery, available for early deliveries, emergency situations, or for newborns with a medical problem
- A wide range of Childbirth Education classes and attentive staff who welcome your questions and concerns.
- A full time lactation consultant, available seven days a week, to provide support and information on the benefits of breastfeeding
- After-baby support, including a courtesy follow-up phone call to all new moms after discharge, as well as numerous supportive groups and ongoing telephone support
For more information about Hunterdon Maternity and Newborn Care, please contact your family physician for a referral or call 908-788-MOMS (6667).