Awards & Recognitions
Hunterdon Medical Center has received accreditation and national recognition that verifies our position as a leading provider of quality healthcare.
The administration and staff of Hunterdon Medical Center are extremely proud of the many awards the community hospital has earned. Each one is recognition that Hunterdon Medical Center ranks within the top 10% of national and New Jersey hospitals in many performance indicators for quality healthcare.
Hunterdon Medical Center has achieved:
- Commission on Cancer
- US News & World Report
- New Jersey Top Doctors
- Magnet™ Recognition Program
- NICHE Designation
- Accreditation by the Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
- Hunterdon Medical Center Awarded Platinum Award for “Outstanding Achievement”
- Hunterdon Medical Center Awarded the Collaboration Award by “Go Hunterdon”
- Hunterdon Happening Winners
- Wound Care Center Recognized with Two Awards for Excellence in Wound Healing
Commission on Cancer
The Commission on Cancer (CoC) awarded Hunterdon Medical Center’s, Hunterdon Regional Cancer Center the CoC’s 2017 Outstanding Achievement Award (OAA). Attaining the OAA demonstrates that our cancer program has met the requirements for all seven commendation-eligible CoC standards following our 2017 accreditation survey. (A CoC survey is performed every three years.) Hunterdon Regional Cancer Center is one of a select group of 16 U.S. accredited cancer programs to receive this national honor and the only Cancer Center in New Jersey to be awarded. There are more than 1,500 CoC-accredited cancer programs in the United States, and Hunterdon Regional Cancer Center is part of this elite group! Congratulations to all of our Cancer Care team!
US News & World Report
Hunterdon Healthcare ranked among US News and World Report’s “Best Regional Hospitals” in New Jersey and the New York metro area for 2017-2018. We also received their seal of approval as a high performing hospital for the treatment of COPD, Colon Cancer Surgery and Heart Failure.
In their latest report dated August 2018, Hunterdon Healthcare ranked 10th regionally in New Jersey and was recognized 20th in the New York metro area. We also received their seal of approval as a high performing hospital for the specialties: Adult Geriatrics and Nephrology (Kidney) Care and for the treatment of Heart Failure. US News and World Report is the nation’s most high-profile hospital rankings report.
New Jersey Top Doctors
Hunterdon Medical Center attracts some of the best doctors with training at the nation’s finest institutions and healthcare organizations. New Jersey Monthly, Inside Jersey and NJ Family magazines have recognized our “top docs” in pediatrics year after year.
Magnet™ Recognition Program
Hunterdon Medical Center has achieved Magnet™ designation for excellence in nursing by the American Nurses Credential Center’s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program®. ANCC is the largest and most prestigious nursing credentialing organization in the United States. Magnet™ designation is the highest honor given to hospital nursing. Only six percent of the nation’s hospitals have earned this prestigious award.
The Magnet™ Recognition Program was developed by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to recognize health care organizations that provide nursing excellence and adherence to national standards for the organization and delivery of nursing services. Applicants undergo a rigorous evaluation that includes extensive interviews and a review of nursing services.
Hunterdon Medical Center is one of only 300 hospitals in North America to be designated a NICHE hospital and one of only 10 hospitals in New Jersey to have earned both Magnet™ and NICHE status. We are proud to carry the NICHE designation as a sign of our commitment to holistic care for our older adults.
NICHE stands for Nurses Improving Care to Healthsystem Elders and is the only national designation indicating a hospital’s commitment to elder care excellence. The program puts evidence-based principles and tools into the hands of nurses at the bedside.
Accreditation by the Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (TJC)
The Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations sets the standards by which health care quality is measured in America and around the world. It is an independent, not-for-profit organization that accredits and certifies over 17,000 health care organizations and programs. To maintain and earn accreditation, organizations must have an extensive on-site review by a team of TJC health care professionals, at least once every three years.
The LeapFrog Group
Hunterdon Healthcare has a well above-average “B” Hospital Safety Score® by The Leapfrog Group, an independent national nonprofit organization that promotes safety, quality and affordability in health care. The Hospital Safety Grade biannually assigns letter grades of A, B, C, D and F to more than 2,600 hospitals across the country based on their performance in preventing medical errors, infections, and other harms. The Hospital Safety Score® was calculated under the guidance of The Leapfrog Group’s Expert Panel using publicly available data on patient injuries, medical and medication errors, and infections. Hunterdon Healthcare is committed to keeping patients safe and protecting them from infections, falls and mistakes and voluntarily contributes quality and safety data to participate in the survey.
Hunterdon Medical Center Awarded Platinum Award for “Outstanding Achievement”
The New Jersey Smart Workplaces Program (NJSW) is a statewide recognition program that lauds employers who demonstrate leadership by providing quality commuter benefits to their employees. Employers are recognized at one of four levels of achievement: bronze, silver, gold, or platinum, based upon the level of activity at the worksite. Hunterdon Medical Center was awarded the Platinum Award for “Outstanding Achievement” in creating programs that provide and promote commuting options for employees.
Hunterdon Medical Center Awarded the Collaboration Award by “Go Hunterdon”
Hunterdon Medical Center was awarded The Collaboration Award by “Go Hunterdon” due to the positive impact our collaboration has had with Lyft. Hunterdon Healthcare and the app-based ride-hailing service, Lyft, addressed the need for non-emergency medical transportation within Hunterdon County. Lyft now has three geo-coded stop locations on the Hunterdon Medical Center campus on Wescott Drive. Pick up and drop off locations have been designated at the Main entrance, Emergency Department entrance, and the Doctor’s Building entrance.
Hunterdon Happening Winners
Each year local residents vote on “favorites” in various categories of retail and service-oriented businesses. This year’s winners that are part of our healthcare family are:
Hunterdon Healthcare for “Best Hospital”
Hunterdon Center for Dermatology for “Best Dermatologist”
Hunterdon Family & Sports Medicine at Hopewell Valley for “Best Sports Medicine”
Ms. Kathleen Seelig, Corporate Director of Public Relations for “Best Services for Public Relations”
Dr. Yaser Elnahar, Hunterdon Cardiovascular Associates for “Best Cardiologist” Congratulations to our Team!
Wound Care Center Recognized with Two Awards for Excellence in Wound Healing
The Hunterdon Wound Healing Center was awarded the Robert A. Warriner III, M.D., Center of Excellence award and the Center of Distinction Award which recognizes a Center that meets the highest quality standards. This Center received these awards because it has achieved patient satisfaction rates over 92% and a healing rate of greater than or equal to 91% in less than 30 median days, among other quality standards. The Center was awarded this prestigious honor by Healogics, Inc., the nation’s largest provider of advanced wound care services.
Additional Awards & Recognitions
- Hunterdon Healthcare achieved the Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best Breast Center and America’s Best Hospitals for Cancer Care (2018).
- Listed as a Top Hospital in Inside New Jersey Magazine. Hunterdon Medical Center was also recognized for the treatment of: breast cancer, prostate cancer, hip and knee repair, heart failure, stroke and neurological disorders.
- Fitch rating upgraded to an A+ based on Hunterdon Medical Center’s improved profitability, dominant market share, low debt burden and solid equity.
- Hunterdon Medical Center designated a Primary Stroke Center.
- Received the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal for Hunterdon Healthcare’s Palliative Care Program.
- Latino Outreach Program recognized at the 89th Annual Meeting of the New Jersey Hospital Association for Hunterdon Healthcare’s Latino Outreach Initiative.
- Received national recognition of the Antibiotic Stewardship Program identified by the American Hospital Association as Best Practice.
- National accreditation of the postgraduate yearly Pharmacy Residency Program.
- Hunterdon Medical Center is one of 12 hospitals participating in the Physician Hospital Collaboration Demonstration, a Medicare project that will evaluate gainsharing as an innovative method that aims to reduce healthcare costs while improving quality care.
- Hunterdon Regional Breast Care Program is accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers.
- Hunterdon Medical Center’s Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program is accredited by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
- Cardiac Testing Department is accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories.
- Accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer-Hunterdon Regional Cancer Center.
- Accredited by the Medical Society of New Jersey as an Intrastate Provider of Continuing Medical Education for Physicians.
- Accredited by the College of American Pathologists.
- Certification by the American Heart Association.
- Certificate of Recognition from the American Diabetes Association.
- Fox Chase Cancer Center Partner.
- Beckers Hospital Review listed Hunterdon Medical Center among its top 45 hospitals in the country with the lowest heart failure readmission rate – 18.5%. National average is 21.5%.
- Platinum designation as New Jersey Smart Workplaces.
- The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) has granted Patient Centered Medical Home certification at the highest level to many Hunterdon Healthcare System practices.
- Emergency PTCA Door to balloon time under 60 minutes.
- Named a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- Accredited by the American Society of Health System Pharmacists.
- On average, Hunterdon Medical Center recycles 298.71 tons, which equates to 3,356.93 lb per patient bed.
Hunterdon Healthcare offers an array of educational events, including childbirth, healthy living and fitness classes.LEARN MORE
Health and Wellness Centers
Where health and fitness meet to help you stay healthy at every age.LEARN MORE
Health Resource Library
Hunterdon Healthcare is pleased to provide our website visitors with this comprehensive Health Resource Library.LEARN MORE