Awards & Recognitions
Hunterdon Medical Center has received accreditation and national recognition that verifies our position as a leading provider of quality health care.
The administration and staff of Hunterdon Medical Center are extremely proud of the many awards the community hospital has earned. Each one is recognition that Hunterdon Medical Center ranks within the top 10% of national and New Jersey hospitals in many performance indicators for quality healthcare.
Hunterdon Medical Center has achieved:
- Commission on Cancer
- US News & World Report
- Hunterdon Happening Winners
- New Jersey Top Doctors
- NICHE Designation
- Accreditation by the Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
- Wound Care Center Recognized with Two Awards for Excellence in Wound Healing
Commission on Cancer
The Commission on Cancer (CoC) awarded Hunterdon Medical Center’s, Hunterdon Regional Cancer Center the CoC’s 2017 Outstanding Achievement Award (OAA). Attaining the OAA demonstrates that our cancer program has met the requirements for all seven commendation-eligible CoC standards following our 2017 accreditation survey. Hunterdon Regional Cancer Center is one of a select group of 16 U.S. accredited cancer programs to receive this national honor and the only Cancer Center in New Jersey to be awarded. There are more than 1,500 CoC-accredited cancer programs in the US, and Hunterdon Regional Cancer Center is part of an elite group! Congratulations to all of the Cancer Care team!
Hunterdon Healthcare has a “B” Hospital Safety Score® by The Leapfrog Group, an independent national nonprofit run by employers and other large purchasers of health benefits. The Hospital Safety Score® was calculated under the guidance of The Leapfrog Group’s Blue Ribbon Expert Panel using publicly available data on patient injuries, medical and medication errors, and infections. U.S. hospitals were assigned an A, B, C, D, or F for their safety.
US News & World Report
Hunterdon Healthcare ranked among US News and World Report’s “Best Regional Hospitals” in New Jersey and the New York metro area. We also received their seal of approval as a high performing hospital for the treatment of COPD, Colon Cancer Surgery and Heart Failure.
Hunterdon Happening Winners
Each year local residents vote on “favorites” in various categories of retail and service oriented businesses. This years winners that are part of our healthcare family are:
Hunterdon Medical Center for “Best Hospital”
Hunterdon Pediatric Associates for “Best Pediatrics”
Hunterdon Healthcare for “Best Places to Work”
Ms. Kathleen Seelig, Corporate Director of Public Relations for “Best Services”
New Jersey Top Doctors
Hunterdon Medical Center attracts some of the best doctors with training at the nation’s finest institutions and healthcare organizations. New Jersey Monthly, Inside Jersey and NJ Family magazines have recognized our “top docs” in pediatrics year after year.
Nurses Improving Care to Health System Elders (NICHE) is a national geriatric nursing program. The program’s vision is for all patients 65 and over to be given sensitive and exemplary care. The mission of NICHE is to raise awareness of principles and tools that can achieve patient-centered care for older adults.
Accreditation by the Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (TJC)
The Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations sets the standards by which health care quality is measured in America and around the world. It is an independent, not-for-profit organization that accredits and certifies over 17,000 health care organizations and programs. To maintain and earn accreditation, organizations must have an extensive on-site review by a team of TJC health care professionals, at least once every three years.
Wound Care Center Recognized with Two Awards for Excellence in Wound Healing
The Hunterdon Wound Healing Center was awarded the Robert A. Warriner III, M.D., Center of Excellence award and the Center of Distinction Award which recognizes a Center that meets the highest quality standards. This Center received these awards because it has achieved patient satisfaction rates over 92% and a healing rate of greater than or equal to 91% in less than 30 median days, among other quality standards. The Center was awarded this prestigious honor by Healogics, Inc., the nation’s largest provider of advanced wound care services.
Additional Awards & Recognitions
- Hunterdon Healthcare achieved the Women’s Choice Award for Best Breast Center, Best Hospital for Obstetrics, Cancer Care and Patient Safety.
- Listed as a Top Hospital in Inside New Jersey Magazine. Hunterdon Medical Center was also recognized for the treatment of: breast cancer, prostate cancer, hip and knee repair, heart failure, stroke and neurological disorders.
- Fitch rating upgraded to an A+ based on Hunterdon Medical Center’s improved profitability, dominant market share, low debt burden and solid equity.
- Hunterdon Medical Center designated a Primary Stroke Center.
- Received the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal for Hunterdon Healthcare’s Palliative Care Program.
- Latino Outreach Program recognized at the 89th Annual Meeting of the New Jersey Hospital Association for Hunterdon Healthcare’s Latino Outreach Initiative.
- Received national recognition of the Antibiotic Stewardship Program identified by the American Hospital Association as Best Practice.
- National accreditation of the post graduate yearly Pharmacy Residency Program.
- Hunterdon Medical Center is one of 12 hospitals participating in the Physician Hospital Collaboration Demonstration, a Medicare project that will evaluate gainsharing as an innovative method that aims to reduce healthcare costs while improving quality care.
- Hunterdon Regional Breast Care Program is accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers.
- Hunterdon Medical Center’s Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program is accredited by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
- Cardiac Testing Department is accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories.
- Accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer-Hunterdon Regional Cancer Center.
- Accredited by the Medical Society of New Jersey as an Intrastate Provider of Continuing Medical Education for Physicians.
- Accredited by the College of American Pathologists.
- Certification by the American Heart Association.
- Certificate of Recognition from the American Diabetes Association.
- Fox Chase Cancer Center Partner.
- Beckers Hospital Review listed Hunterdon Medical Center among its top 45 hospitals in the country with the lowest heart failure readmission rate – 18.5%. National average is 21.5%.
- Platinum designation as New Jersey Smart Workplaces.
- The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) has granted Patient Centered Medical Home certification at the highest level to many Hunterdon Healthcare System practices.
- Emergency PTCA Door to balloon time under 60 minutes.
- Named a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- Accredited by the American Society of Health System Pharmacists.
- On average, Hunterdon Medical Center recycles 298.71 tons, which equates to 3,356.93 lb per patient bed.
Hunterdon Healthcare offers an array of educational events, including childbirth, healthy living and fitness classes.LEARN MORE
Health and Wellness Centers
Where health and fitness meet to help you stay healthy at every age.LEARN MORE
Health Resource Library
Hunterdon Healthcare is pleased to provide our website visitors with this comprehensive Health Resource Library.LEARN MORE